Last Week in Stream Data Integration & Stream Analytics – 11.8.2021
This is the 229th edition of my blog series blog series around Stream Data Integration and Stream Analytics!
As my blog is usually quite Kafka-centric, there is something I would like to especially point out this week: the new Confluent Developer site went live last week with tons of really good material on Kafka. This is the place to go to get started with Kafka as well as if you already using Kafka with many great animated diagrams, such as this one:
For an overview what is available, check out Jay Kreps latest blog article.
As usual, find below the new blog articles, presentations, videos and software releases from last week. Happy reading and stay safe!
News and Blog Posts
- Confluent Developer Site by Confluent
- The New One-Stop Shop for Learning Apache Kafka by Jay Kreps
- Designing and Architecting the Confluent CLI by David Hyde
- Kafka Monthly Digest – July 2021 by Mickael Maison
- Kafka for Cybersecurity (Part 6 of 6) – SIEM / SOAR Modernization by Kai Waehner
- Change Data Capture (CDC) With Kafka Connect and the Debezium Cassandra Connector (Part 1) by Paul Brebner
- Instaclustr Announces the General Availability of Graviton2 for Managed Apache Kafka by Instaclustr
- Helpful Tools for Apache Kafka Developers by Dave Klein
- Field Notes: Deliver Messages Using an IoT Rule Action to Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka by Siddhesh Keluskar
- Announcing the Azure Cosmos DB Sink Connector in Confluent Cloud by Nathan Nam
- Hydrating a Data Lake using Query-based CDC with Apache Kafka Connect and Kubernetes on AWS by Gary A. Stafford
- Apache Kafka and API Management / API Gateway – Friends, Enemies or Frenemies? by Kai Waehner
- Kafka and GraphQL: Misconceptions and Connections by Gerard Klijs
- Real-time Analytics with Upsert Using Apache Kafka and Apache Pinot by Yupeng Fu
- Use ksqlDB to migrate core-banking processing from batch to streaming by Mark Teehan
- Confluent CEO Jay Kreps on growing the cloud data business by CNBC
- Level-up your gaming telemetry using Kafka Streams by Evan Shortiss
- Minimizing Software Speciation with ksqlDB and Kafka Streams ft. Mitch Seymour by Confluent Streaming Audio (#170)
- Advanced Stream Processing with ksqlDB ft. Michael Drogalis by Confluent Streaming Audio (#171)
Please let me know if that is of interest. Please tweet your projects, blog posts, and presentations & videos to @gschmutz to get them listed in next week’s edition!