Like most of us, you probably can’t go out to the pub for a beer at the moment.
I can’t offer a beer to you, but I can offer a free webinar about SQL where there’ll be beer data 🍺.
It’ll go live Thursday April 16th 2020 at 20:00 (8 PM) CEST (GMT+2).
You can sign up here (did I mention it’s free?):
Audience: You (from home).
Topic: Practical Oracle SQL.
What’s that, you say? I’m just going to talk about a book?
Well, fear not, I am definitely going to talk about some Oracle SQL stuff.
Almost all of the book is about SQL used for practical purposes exemplified by a fictive beer trading company, and on Thursday I will walk through and explain some of the code from some of the chapters of the book:
- Tree Calculations with Recursion.
(Recursive subquery factoring.)
- Functions Defined Within SQL.
(Functions in the WITH clause.)
- Answering Top-N Questions.
(Analytic Ranking Functions.)
- Rolling Sums to Forecast Reaching Minimums.
(Analytic window clause, recursive subquery factoring, model clause.)
- Merging Date Ranges.
(Row pattern matching MATCH_RECOGNIZE.)
So now you know what I’ll be talking about – most of the time with SQL Developer and just a little Powerpoint.
So you should attend the webinar if:
- You use SQL and would like to see what modern SQL can offer to make solving your daily tasks easier and your code run more efficient.
- You’re curious about the Practical Oracle SQL book and just would like to see something from it to figure out if the book is relevant for you or not.
- You’re really bored and just hanging out and listening to a Danish accent beats whatever entertainment is aired on your local TV station.
To save you from scrolling back up, here’s the link again:
Looking forward to virtually meet you all on Thursday.