SOUG Day 2019 – Oracle Database in Docker
Stefan, 4 Jahren ago 1 min read 88
This post was originally published on this site
Today I did have the opportunity to give a presentation on Oracle Database in Docker at the SOUG day in Olten. It was a great opportunity to discuss how Oracle database engineering can be simplified using Docker.
Besides the demo the following topics were discussed:
- Docker images, container and volumes
- Requirements to setup Oracle database image
- Build an Oracle database image
- Discuss the Dockerfile and build scripts
- Create database containers
- Use cases for Oracle database in Docker
- Demo setup Oracle database with Enterprise User Security and Oracle Unified Directory
Combining docker-compose and custom initialisation scripts allow a various number of use cases for Oracle database in Docker. Rapid deployment of Oracle databases for engineering and testing. But is it also suitable for production environments?
The presentation and information related to event:
- Agenda SOUG Day May 2019
- Presentation on OraDBA (English) Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
- Presentation on OraDBA (German) Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
- Notes for the Demo SOUG Day May 2019 – Oracle and Docker on OraDBA (English) Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Some references and links related to this blog post and the presentation:
- Gist on GitHub with links, references and notes SOUG Day May 2019
- My OUD Docker GitHub Repository https://github.com/oehrlis/docker
- OUD Base environment scripts https://github.com/oehrlis/oudbase
- Oracle Container Registry https://container-registry.oracle.com
- Oracle Docker GitHub Repository https://github.com/oracle/docker-images